Emergencies can occur at any moment. SSU encourages our campus community to stay preapared for any emergency. We are a resilent community and together we can all stay safe and well.
Current Regional and Statewide Incidents
- COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) - (February 2020)
- Wildfire Preparedness - (Fall 2021)
- Sonoma County Evacuation Map: Please note that SSU lies within zone 5H1 on the map.
Updated November 3, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
Local Emergency Resources for Current Incidents
General Sonoma County Emergency Services Resources
The best source of local Sonoma County-specific information.
2-1-1 for Sonoma County
2-1-1 Sonoma County, a program of United Way of the Wine Country, is the comprehensive information and referral service for Sonoma County. We connect Sonoma County callers, website-users and texters each year with information about health and human services available to them.
2-1-1 Sonoma County phone and text services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 2-1-1 is available in 150 languages through phone interpretation services.
During times of disaster, 2-1-1 provides incident-specific information in coordination with local emergency services, including road closures and shelters both locally and nationwide.
- 2-1-1 website
- Text "COVID19" to 211211 for Coronavirus Information
Air Quality Index (AQI)
Air Quality Incident Monitoring
To ensure accurate and consistent interpretation of the air quality index measurement that is being used in decision making, the university will apply the following standards:
- Use 10 minute average readings
- Use EPA conversion readings
- Consider a certain level reached after 30 minutes of consistent or increasing readings
To view these readings on purpleair.com:
- Navigate to purpleair.com and click on “View the Map”
- If done automatically, navigate to the Rohnert Park area on the map and locate SSU
- Identify the on-campus sensor (titled “Sonoma State University”) and click on the dot
- In the lower left-hand corner of the screen, make sure the following settings are in place:
- US EPA PM2.5 AQI
- US EPA
- 10 minute average graphs
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) in Sonoma County
Power Shut Off/Rolling Blackout Resources
- NASA Fire Information for Resource Management System
- WIFIRE Fire maps
- Cal-Fire Glass fire
- Sonoma County Shady Fire Resources
When reviewing the above wildfire maps, please be sure you are activating the VIIRS and MODIS layers to ensure accuracy of information.