As a part of Sonoma State University’s ongoing commitment to campus safety, the Office of Emergency Services has launched Rave Guardian, a free mobile app that turns any smartphone into a personal safety advice. The Rave Guardian App is new campus safety app that offers students, parents, faculty, and staff enhanced personal safety both on and off campus.
Download the Rave Guardian Safety Application
Step 1: Download the app from the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store by seaching "Rave Guardian" in the store
Step 2: Enter your email address and phone number to join Sonoma's State Rave Guardian application
Safety is just one click away now!
The Rave Guardian App puts help and resources just one click away:
- Stay informed with campus messages during emergencies based on your location, even when you don't have a cell signal
- Never travel alone when using the virtual safety timer for traveling
- Find the resources you need to campus contacts and administrators
- Call 9-1-1 or campus police with the push of a button
How does the Rave Guardian App work?
- Register and set up an account: Users can add their name, campus address, medical notes and other pertinent information for campus safety in case of emergency.
- Easy Emergency Communication: In an emergency, a one button call to campus safety officials will display the users Guardian profile and current location.
- Add & Message Guardians: By adding roommates, friends, and family to their network, users can feel safer when walking alone, on or off campus. Guardians can also be messaged directly through the app.
- Set a Safety Timer: In the event a student feels unsafe, they can set a timer with their current location, indicating where they are going and when they should arrive. In the event they do not make it there and de-active the timer, Guardians or campus safety will be immediately alerted.
Privacy Statement from Rave Guardian
With Rave Guardian, you choose what information you want to share. You can share your location to receive geo-targeted alerts and faster response to an emergency call. However, you do not need to share your location or other personal information to use the app.
You can access resources and submit tips even without your organization knowing who or where the information is coming from. Any information you enter into the app is housed in top-tier secure facilities complete with 24/7 physical security, video surveillance, and alarms. The facilities and applications are regularly audited and subjected to intrusion prevention testing. We utilize the same secure sockets layer (SSL) certificate authority and encryption technologies used by leading financial institutions.